Monday, September 3, 2012

My Wedding Dress!

I have been slacking on posting my wedding stuff.... I have picked out tons of things and have many ordered but I haven't shared any on here. I have one Facebook, but I have never blogged about them. So I am going to share everything we have so far. I am doing this in different blog posts so they can be found easily and classified and I can make sure I get everything, don't forget anything, and I can not have one HUGE post that jumps around from item to item, category to category, and to keep my own sanity!

My first post is going to be on my favorite thing of all.... My wedding dress! I have not ordered yet because I haven't gone and got my measurements done yet. Measurements are happening this week, ordering my dress hopefully next week. My dress is coming from a trusted (and used before) dress maker in China! Her name is Alice and I am so in love with her many different styles of dresses. She speaks very good English so we haven't had any communication problems and she even ships dresses to the US for free! All I have to do is pay her for the materials and her time. Materials in China are a lot cheaper than they are in the US so I am getting my dress at a fraction of the price that I would from having one made here. As I said, she is trusted and I have used her before! She makes dresses for weddings, proms, and other formals. It was already decided that whatever design my dress may be, SHE will be making it. Hands down! She is also amazing at getting measurements correct and if for some reason I was to get measured incorrectly or something is wrong, even on my part, I ship the dress back to her (which isn't that expensive) and she will fix it for free and pay to have it shipped back again to me. I looked at her dresses for hours, different designs on google, and actually fell in love with a dress that she already has already designed and has a sample made on her Etsy site. So here is my dream wedding dress, and I'm not paying a fortune for it!

In my next post I am going to show you the shoes and clutch I am planning on buying to match my dress. They are from a shop on Etsy and although I have never used them before they have amazing reviews. The shoes and the clutch together are actually more than my wedding dress! But, this is my one little splurges and I figured since I am save sooo much on my dress that I can get the shoes, the clutch, and the dress all at a price I could get a "cheap" wedding dress in the US! Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment