Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 2 - Advice for a Newborn

The second day blog challenge is "If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?" This one is a hard one for me because I could offer a lot more than just one piece of advice. If I had to choose I think it would be that you can't control everything. There are many things out there that you can't control and you just have to let them come and accept them. Once you actually realize that things are going to happen whether you like it or not, then you can move forward more easily. This is only I am still struggling with on a daily basis. I am a control freak! I like everything to be planned and I want to be the one in control. When something doesn't go the way I picture it in my head I lose it. I need to know what, when , where , how and why. I never every little detail planned out to a T or I seriously feel like I might lose it. Of course that is not how life is. It is not that easy! Things don't go as planned, plans break, people change their minds, and shit happens. You can't control every situation and you'd be much better off if you just take everything one day (or even one hour!) at a time and not try to control everything. My husband's cousin reminded me this the other day when I was having a panic attack and letting my mind wander. I put way too much into everything and it is so overwhelming that I just break down sometimes and think to myself "I can't do this!". Then I had this reminder that I can't control every situation and shit is going to happen and there are no if's and's or but's about it. Once I accept that, then I can move on. Sure enough, I took a deep breath, stopped thinking about my unplanned, uncontrolled future and just started taking things one day at a time. The world is NOT going to end, I WILL survive, and everything WILL be ok!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment