Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Appointment Update!

So my appointment went... okay. My cervix is measuring 1.7cm which is quite a ways down from 2.4cm last week. My midwife decided to check me to see if I was dilated (I was closed when I left the hospital) and I'm a lose 1cm dilated (and her little noggin was right there!), 50% effaced and Maddy is at a -1 station. They aren't going to admit me to the hospital until there's a bigger change though so I am home (and very happy about that!). She thinks Maddy will be here in about 3 and a half weeks (I'll be 35 weeks then!) but doesn't see me going past 36. Hopefully we make it that long! They aren't doing anymore cervical length ultrasounds because I'm at the point in my pregnancy where you start to thin out anyways so they don't think anymore would really be that reliable as to what is really going on.

I have two big milestones this week alone! My first is tomorrow. Tomorrow is the point in my last pregnancy that my water broke! My next milestone is 32 weeks, which is Friday. 32 weeks exactly is when I had my last baby! It looks like we are going to sail right past those milestones thank goodness! We added a new milestone (well the doctors at the hospital did) and that is 34 weeks, then my 35 week milestone (when I had my 4 year old) and then we hit our 36 week milestone (again another doctor milestone), and then we are full term! I can't believe that we could have her in as soon as 3 and a half weeks! That is SO crazy! I can't believe I will be 35/35 that soon! WOW!

The other day we took all of Maddy's clothing out of the shipping packages and cut all the tags off... Took the swaddles out of their boxes and everything is ready for a good washing. I'm not sure WHEN to start washing though!I don't want to do it too soon but I don't want to put it off another few weeks and then go into labor with nothing washed. We only have a few more purchases that need to be done and they are a diaper bag, bassinet, more diapers, some more hats and socks, bibs, nursing sleep bra, and breast pads. Not a big list at all! We are still deciding on which diaper bag to get from Diapers.com but we decided on the bassinet we want. We are ordering from Diapers.com because I have $20 in credits to use. So when we figure out which diaper bag we are ordering it with the bassinet for free 2 day shipping and what not. ANYWAYS! Here's a pic of the bassinet we are getting!




No comments:

Post a Comment