Thursday, February 2, 2012

In the hospital!

Well I am officially admitted to the hospital for hospital bed rest. Here's a little catch up of the last few days... On Tuesday I had my regular appointment, FFN test, progesterone shot, and ultrasound for cervical length. I also had to do my 1 hour glucose (which I passed!), and a Rhogam shot because I'm RH negative. My cervical length went from 3.4cm to 2.7cm in just over a week. At this point they weren't too worried but it was under the 3.0cm that they like to see. When we got home (I live almost an hour away from my midwife's office and the hospital) I got a phone call from my midwife saying my FFN test came back positive which means I could go into labor in the next 2 weeks. She told me that they wanted to give me a round of steroids shots for the baby's lungs as a precaution and that I was to stay in bed, only up for the bathroom. We drove to the hospital and got the shot and had to get a second 24 hours later. She also informed me that the steroids can cause contractions and boy did they ever! I was having contractions that were pretty bad but not regular and they were radiating to my lower back and that hurt SO bad! Well they also wanted me to get another cervical length done today (Thursday) to make sure everything was ok. The ultrasound showed my cervix to be 1.2cm, almost 1cm dilated, and a lot of tunneling on the top, closest to baby. When they pushed on my abdomin the top part was way open. On top of all that, Maddy was breach and they were worried that I might have to have a c-section. Of course they sent me to labor and delivery to be admitted. They're not sure how long I will be here.. a few days, weeks, or until baby is born. They did a growth scan and Maddy weighs about 2lbs. 4oz. Which is right on track thank goodness. Good news is that she got into a head down position and has stayed there ever since. I've been having a couple contractions so they are going to give me more meds to help stop them. My cervix is really sore and they told me that the pressure and soreness might be from her being head down right on my cervix. No change with dilation but I'm about 80 percent effaced which is worrisome because that is very thin. Maddy is doing great, heart rate is fine and she's moving around like crazy. Right now though we can only go a day at a time and hope we can get her to least 34 weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment